Herocraft, creators of several popular mobile strategy games are looking to get a bit more hardcore with their latest game. Lords of Discord is a fantasy themed turn based strategy game that, unlike their previous titles, will be available on PC/Mac/Linux. The team seems to be making a point of the fact that Lords is being made for core strategy game players and that it won’t follow the “freemium” pricing model.
Here’s a quick list of some of the more notable game features :
- Two playable races: Humans and Demons
- 3 types of landscape with terramorphing ability
- System of character development with around 30 units in each race
- Dozens of global spells for each race
- Hot-seat, real-time and play-by-mail online multiplayer
You had me at “play-by-email.”
The Lords of Discord Kickstarter campaign runs until November 8th and has a funding goal of £60,000.