Although you can’t tell from my picture on our About Us page, I don’t make it to the gym very often. I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true. Unfortunately I spend most of my days in front of a computer, tablet, or cell phone. But now there’s a game on Kickstarter that may alleviate some of the guilt I feel due to not working out; it’s called GymNation. Players of GymNation will eat healthy, train with a variety of gym equipment, and compete with others in a variety of body building competitions. Thankfully GymNation isn’t some life gamification app; it’s a game, so there’ll be no blood, sweat, or tears.
Here’s a partial list of features from the GymNation Kickstarter:
- Your avatar will grow depending on how it is raised.
- Customize your gym with equipment and other items.
- Train at other gyms such as World Gym, Boxing Club and Swimming Pool. Each gym provides different effects on your avatar.
- Rival mode: Enter another player’s gym and destroy their equipment to gain XP and Coins.
- Gift items such as cheat meals to fatten up your opponents.
- Hire a security guard to defend your gym from rivals.
Overall it’s an interesting concept, like Gamedev Story but with more testosterone driven rage.
The GymNation Kickstarter campaign runs until April 11th and has a funding goal of $15,000.