Zombies, werewolves, demons, angels, vampires, cultists, gangs, ghosts, and criminals; oh my! That’s who you’ll run into when you play Graywalkers, a tactical turn based RPG from Dreamlords Digital. This post apocalyptic melting pot doesn’t just have the usual Fallout inspired mutants, it’s got everything you can imagine. Players control the leader of the Graywalkers, a group of 36 prophesized individuals of divine origin that.. you know, just read the extensive explanation here if you want to know more.
Graywalkers, the game, features X-Com style turn based combat in a Fallout inspired world. That’s all that needs to be said, isn’t it?
If you must know more, here’s a list of some feature highlights courtesy of the games Kickstarter page :
- 3 possible Game Modes; Campaign is the single-player epic storyline, Freeform is a single player experience where everything is procedurally generated and your measure for success is affected by influence, resources and power. If Stretch goals are reached, we will be adding a Multiplayer Mode which is Team based PVP.
- You can be Human or one of the Hybrids, like the Cambion, Nephilim, Dhampir, Wolfkin and Hunterborne.
- Choose a path to take such as the magic-wielding Arcanist, the weapon master Armsmen, the stealthy Agents, the spiritually blessed Diviners, the firearms expert Soldiers, the hand-to-hand specialist Martialist, the perceptive Scouts, the versatile Adventurers, the intelligent Techs, and the lucky Survivors.
- Find, convince and recruit your Graywalker team members from a pool of at least 50+ playable NPCs, each with their own style, personality, motivation, relationships and history.
- Manage your resources, personnel, influence, technology, research, crafting and scavenging.
- Find and capture strategic points that can act as base of operations where you can rest, recuperate, rearm and reorganize. Defend these operational bases from attacks and prevent enemies from retaking it from your control.
We could go on listing features all day, such as resource gathering and crafting. Then there’s the wide variety of functional vehicles, not to mention the fact that the game has a mostly procedurally generated world and allows the community to create almost anything they want to customize the game.
So how much money is the team at Dreamlords looking for to make this dream come true? $100,000, and they’ve set a deadline of November 28th to get it done by.
Head over to the Graywalkers Kickstarter page for more, you could spend hours reading through all of the info they have; there’s a lot of it.