Zeboyd Games, creators of the excellent Cthulhu Save the World, and the Penny Arcade RPGs, are back with an original IP. Cosmic Star Heroine should look familiar to fans of their previous titles, with its slick pixel art and old-school gameplay feel. CSH follows the exploits of Alyssa L’Salle, world renowned agent extraordinaire, as she must get to the bottom of a dark government conspiracy.
Here’s a quick list of gameplay features from the Kickstarter page :
- Turn-based combat
- Four character active party
- Non-grid-based 2D exploration (diagonals! woohoo!)
- Battles take place directly on the maps that you explore! Where you fight may influence what happens in battle
- Upgradeable spy headquarters
- Character LV-Up system allows customization while still making each character unique
- Characters can also be further customized with equipment & support characters (allies that hang out at your spy headquarters who don’t go out into the field with your main characters)
- Multiple difficulty levels so you can fine-tune the experience to fit your own playstyle
- Multi-character combo techniques
The team at Zeboyd Games have a great track record, and so far Cosmic Star Heroine looks to be following in the footsteps of their earlier titles. Perhaps too much?
Funding for Cosmic Star Heroine runs until October 31st and has a goal of $100,000.