Whether you look at Loreful’s Kickstarter campaign for Ambrov X as a beacon of shimmery sci-fi goodness, or like, a total nerdgasm, is inconsequential. What matters is that the veteran team out of Cincinnati have put forth some solid effort in hopes of getting a few bucks from you. From the adorably eager video, the extensive game explanation, the multitude of screenshots, all the way to the solid backer rewards; the Loreful crew are really excited to get Ambrov X made.
So what is Ambrov X?
Ambrov X is an episodic role-playing video game set in the award-winning Sime~Gen Universe created by Jacqueline Lichtenberg and Jean Lorrah. With Ambrov X, we aim to create a rich, story-driven experience that delves deep into emotional themes, coupled with breath-taking action and adventure.
Think Mass Effect; but steeped in over 40 years of hard-core sci-fi background. Here’s some additional points from the team that are worth mentioning :
- Ambrov X is a 3D, single-player, action role-playing game
- The game is Fully-Voiced with Cinematic Dialogue Scenes
- Choose your gender and from the two human sub-species Sime and Gen
- Choose from four unique classes: the Endowed, the Monk, the Agent and the Sentinel
- Modify any armor piece or weapon in the game through a powerful modification crafting system
- The game is being developed in the Unity engine for Windows, OS X, Linux with alternate releases for iOS, Android, PS 4 and XBOX to be released at a later date
- Character-Driven Story
The Ambrov X Kickstarter runs until October 5th, and has a pledge goal of $500,000.