It’s been nearly a week since Space Enigma Studios launched the Kickstarter for their awesomely ambitious space exploration game, Space Pioneer, and it’s not going well. While there’s still 53 days left to go in the campaign only $7,847 of the $150,000 goal has been raised so far, with Kicktraq showing that the project will only hit 45% of the goal.
Space Pioneer looks like the sort of nerd catnip we all love; it’s a space exploration adventure game with an emphasis on extreme realism and research. So what’s wrong? Here’s a few issue I’ve seen with the campaign so far :
- The funding video was 10+ minutes of talking and no action. The video has been removed at this point with one of the developers promising a new one.
- No updates.
- Very little interaction from the developers in the comments section.
- An emphasis in the intriguing educational aspects of the game, but too little information on the game itself.
- No screenshots.
- Las Vegas, NV., listed as the location, but the entire team appears to currently reside in Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan.
- No website or Facebook presence.
- Very little information or background about the development team.
- No information on how the money will be used.
Hopefully the folks behind the Space Pioneer Kickstarter can get as many of these issues addressed before it’s too late, it would be a shame to see such a promising project fail.