Who says a ‘house party’ has to stop when you leave the house? Having brought couch-based multiplayer mayhem to console and PC gamers alike for the last six months, Square Enix Collective® is excited to announce Oh My Godheads is now flying headlong towards the Nintendo Switch system courtesy of the Party Edition.
That means, come release this Tuesday 25th September, Barcelona-based studio Titutitech’s celebrated couch-based multiplayer no longer has to be played solely on that dull, dusty and slightly stained sofa currently sat in your living room, but rather indoors, outdoors, absolutely anywhere.
Fancy taking on your friends on that rather dodgy looking sofa-bed in your mate’s garage? Done. Want to give your gran a taste of frenzied ‘capture-the-head’ action on her 1970’s settee? You’re all set. Up for a slice of multiplayer madness with complete strangers on the bus, on a plane, in or the waiting room at your never-on-time dentist? Oh My Godheads’ brand new Party Edition on Nintendo Switch has you sorted.
“We’ve wanted to bring the new Party Edition of Oh My Godheads to Nintendo Switch for some time,” says Federico Sauret, co-CEO of Titutitech. “When we originally launched the game, we set out to recapture the sense of fun so many couch-based multiplayer games pulled off in the 1990s. Bringing friends and family together through games is something Nintendo has long been a master at, so it makes complete sense to add Nintendo Switch to our roster.”
For those yet to enjoy Oh My Godheads, the game’s manic multiplayer tasks players with carrying a variety of magical Godheads back to their base, closely mirroring traditional capture-the-flag style gameplay but adding a whole heap of extra delirium thrown in for good measure. As well as defending against each other’s attacks, gamers also have to take on the Godhead itself – a typically unwilling and malevolent memento not especially keen on your advances.
In addition to all the content from the original Oh My Godheads, the Party Edition includes:
- New content including a new tower level, new godhead, and a gallery with game art.
- New Tournament mode modality, allowing players to compete in a set number of matches with a brand new points system.
- Refined visuals, improved core player movement (allowing you to tackle your rivals and send them flying), re-balanced levels and godheads, improved UI, and AI.
- Trials mode can now either be played solo or in co-op mode.
- In addition, most trials have been redesigned adding 10 new trials.
- A brand new Platinum Medal tier for the most skilled players!
- Optimisation to take advantage of Nintendo Switch hardware.
“The studio has been hard at work building on the best elements of Oh My Godheads for this Party Edition, and we think Nintendo Switch owners are in for a treat,” says Phil Elliott, Director of Indie Publishing at Square Enix West. “As well as optimising it for the new format, it’s going to be exciting to see just where players indulge in some retro-style couch multiplayer in the coming months. Every sofa is a potential playground.”
Oh My Godheads: Party Edition will launch on Nintendo Switch on Tuesday 25th September with a 15% discount for the first two weeks (normal price £11.99/$14.99/€14.99). Original Oh My Godheads is already available on PS4, Xbox One and Steam for £11.99/$14.99/€14.99).
What is Oh My Godheads?
- Hilarious couch multiplayer for 1-4 players
- Battle computer-controlled characters in single player mode
- ‘Capture-the-head’ gameplay supercharges capture-the-flag with uniquely powered godheads
- Multiple magical godheads – explosions, control-switching and more
- Bright, colourful 3D environments in world-spanning locales
- Ridiculous cast of characters to play
- Swords, hats, monocles and airborne pastries